Grand Rapids Community College Dental and Vision Reimbursement Plan (Administered by ASR) –Group #692
The College provides dental and vision reimbursement plan benefits for each full time benefit eligible employee, spouse and eligible dependent(s). Employees receive 90% reimbursement not to exceed the annual maximum amount for dental and vision combined for the full family. Dental and vision reimbursement plan is secondary only. All claims should be filed with the primary insurance provider before submitting a claim. For more details on GRCC's dental and vision reimbursement plan, please review the dental and vision reimbursement plan document, plan description and reimbursement guidelines.
- Reminder: We are switching our dental/vision reimbursement plan from a fiscal year to a calendar year!
To make the transition between fiscal year to calendar year for a January 1, 2020 implementation, we have approval to move in the following direction:
- The $2,500 dental/vision reimbursement benefit for the 2018/2019 fiscal year (July 1- June 30) ends June 30, 2019.
- Starting July 1, 2019 you will have $3,750 for dental/vision reimbursement benefit for 18 months (July 1, 2019 to December 31, 2020).
- Effective January 1, 2021 the dental/vision reimbursement benefit will be $2,500 for the calendar year (January 1 -December 31) and each calendar year thereafter (unless changed in collective bargaining agreements or handbook).
- New hires with benefits effective on January 1, 2020 or after will receive $2,500 for the calendar year (January 1-December 31) and each calendar year thereafter (unless changed in collective bargaining agreements or handbook).
If you have any questions about the transition to a calendar year, please give us a call! Debra Davis at x. 4175 or Maria Belmares Herrera at x. 4052
Submitting Claims to ASR:
To file a claim under the plan, please carefully follow the steps listed on the Dental & Vision Claim Submission process (on the back of the dental and vision reimbursement claim form) and review Guidelines for Dental & Vision Plan Reimbursement.
You can e-mail, fax or mail reimbursement claims to ASR. Participants should submit claims for reimbursement within 60 days from the date of service.
ASR will send an email confirmation that your inquiry or correspondence has been received. If you don’t receive confirmation within 5 minutes, please make sure you check your spam folder.
Fax: (616) 464-4458
P.O. Box 6392
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49516-6392
ASR Contact Information:
If you need your dental/vision reimbursement account balance, or have any claim or plan benefit coverage questions, please contact our ASR Claim Analyst: Brooke at (616) 464-6635-ext 3187 (Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
Dental and Vision Reimbursement Claim Forms
Dental and Vision Reimbursement Benefit Documents
- Dental and Vision Reimbursement Benefit Description
- Guidelines for Dental/Vision Reimbursement
- Dental and Vision Reimbursement Plan Document