Heating and air-conditioning equipment makes buildings comfortable for work, study or play. Refrigeration equipment makes it possible to safely store foods, medicine and other items.
The HVACR equipment that provides these conveniences is complex. As a heating, ventilation and air conditioning/refrigeration (HVACR) technician you'll have the skills and expertise needed to install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair heating and cooling equipment. Much of the equipment you work will be computer controlled.
Why the HVACR degree at GRCC?
- Get certified sooner: our programs offer a condensed block-time schedule with classes Monday through Thursday starting at 7 a.m. Classes are scheduled back to back to simplify the time schedule and accelerate the program.
- Each semester, you'll take at least two courses in your selected specialities.
- Prepare for a flexible career that allows you to pick your Specialty.
What you'll learn
- Principles of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration.
- Cooling, heating, filtering, and controlling humidity.
- Operating characteristics of various parts, units, and systems.
- Blueprint reading.
- Diagnosis of malfunctions.
- Overhaul, repair, and adjustment of parts, units and systems.
When you graduate with an HVACR associate degree you'll be able to apply the theory and skills needed to design, manufacture, install, sell and service equipment that regulates interior temperatures of buildings. You may often specialize in one area, and may work both outdoors and indoors.