Exercise is Medicine® on Campus (EIM-OC) is a program calling upon universities and colleges to engage in the promotion of physical activity as a vital sign of health. EIM-OC encourages faculty, staff and students to work together toward improving the health and well-being of the campus community by:
- Making movement a part of the daily campus culture.
- Assessing physical activity at every student health visit.
- Providing students the tools necessary to strengthen healthy physical activity habits that can last a lifetime.
- Connecting university health care providers with university health fitness specialists to provide a referral system for exercise prescription.
Gold level status
GRCC is currently the only community college in the state of Michigan that is a registered Exercise is Medicine (EIM) campus partner GRCC has been recognized with the following Exercise is Medicine/American College of Sports Medicine Awards for our work on our campus:
- 2023 Gold Level Recognition Award
- 2022 Gold Level Recognition Award
- 2021 Gold Level Recognition Award along with a COVID Recognition Badge.
- 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 Silver Level Recognition Award
- 2015 Bronze Level Recognition Award