Skip to main content

Declaration of Academic Program

To find out if a new declaration of academic program will be academically appropriate, please speak with an advisor or use the what-if function of their academic progress tile in the online center. Students with financial aid should contact the Financial Aid Office at prior to selecting a new academic program to determine if there will be any impact on current or future financial aid. To declare a new academic program (major), log into the Online Center.

Declaring an academic program

  1. Log into the Online Student Center
  2. Select the Academic Records tile
  3. Select Declare Academic Program on the left-hand side (last item listed)
  4. Click Declare Program or follow the displayed link
  5. Complete the form instructions and submit
  6. Check your GRCC email for confirmation of your declaration of academic program. You will receive this confirmation within 24 hours of submission.

To successfully declare a new academic program, take into consideration the following:

  • Students cannot select an academic program that has already been or will be awarded from GRCC.
  • If a student selects his/her current declared academic program, the submission will be considered a change of catalog year.
  • Selecting a new academic program will place you into the catalog active in the semester the change is effective. 
  • Students who are currently listed as non-degree seeking but wish to declare a degree-seeking program may be contacted for additional information.
  • Students wishing to change from CDA Fast Track (133) to another academic program need to complete placement testing. Please visit the Enrollment Center to complete this testing and to request a new academic program.
  • If the program desired is not available in the academic program options, or requires that you meet program admission requirements, contact the appropriate department for more information:
    • Students wishing to select one of our health programs (Dental Assisting, Dental Hygiene, Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Nursing, Occupational Therapy Assistant, or Radiologic Technology) as their declared program should submit the Health Admissions Application, if it hasn't been submitted already. For more information, please visit the Health Admissions procedures webpage.
    • Students wishing to select one of our Criminal Justice Academy Programs (Law Enforcement, Police Academy or Sheriff's Corrections Academy) for their declared program should contact the Police Academy academic department for more information.
    • Students wishing to select the Manufacturing or IT Apprenticeship program should contact the Apprenticeship academic department for more information.


If you have any questions or have issues processing your declaration of academic program please email for assistance.