GRCC's pool offers lap swimming, water exercise, youth competitive swimming, US Masters Swimming and American Red Cross Lifeguard training to all members of the Grand Rapids community. Located in the center of the city and geared to helping all of our community meet their aquatic goals. GRCC's pool is a great choice for recreation and learning.
Summer Semester 2022 Aquatic Facility Hours of Operation
Currently open to students, faculty/staff, current members, and daily users.
- Monday-Friday: 6-8 a.m. and 10 a.m -2 p.m
- Saturday-Sunday: Closed
Closures: May 30 and July 4
The pool facility allows daily users for $3 a day.
New Check-in Process
- Present RaiderCard to lifeguard staff at table
- Once granted access user can proceed to swim
Updated Policies and Procedures
- Masks are optional
- Valid RaiderCards are mandatory for entry.
- The locker rooms and showers will be available
GRCC students, faculty, staff, Ford Fieldhouse members, and community guests may visit the pool during the times listed above for lap swimming and water exercise. Open swim is free for both students, faculty, staff, and valid Ford Fieldhouse members.
Any group of swimmers from schools, churches, camps and similar organizations are required to schedule their visit to the Ford Pool, even if the participants are over the age of 18. Groups wishing to attend an open swim as members of an organization, rather than as individuals, are unable to use the pool during open swim periods and will be turned away if arriving unannounced. A rental agreement is required for group of use of the pool.
Open swim can be quite busy at times. Swimmers are required to share lanes when necessary. Splitting lanes and circle swimming is encouraged to ensure all patrons have the opportunity to swim.
GRCC's pool serves as a classroom during the academic year, as GRCC's Exercise Science Department hosts Water Aerobics classes for students on Monday through Thursday. During those times instructors will use either the two most shallow lanes or the entire deep end of the pool for instruction. This will reduce the amount of open lanes for lap swimmers. Please be willing to share the remaining lanes.
- Lanes: 6 (25 Yards)
- Diving Boards: Not for public use
- Water Temperature: 81 Degrees
- Ages Welcome: 18 years old or older during open swims
- Accessibility: Aquatic Lift
- Locker Rooms: Men's and Women's; no family locker rooms
- Equipment Available: Kickboards, Fins, Pull Buoys, Water Weights, Aqua-Joggers
- Lifeguards: There is always a lifeguard on duty