Where artisan brewers and expert operations professionals get their start.
With more breweries per square foot than almost anywhere in America, GRCC is ready to meet West Michigan's growing hiring needs in the craft brewing industry.
Why Craft Brewing, Packaging and Service Operations at GRCC?
- This program allows you to gain fieldwork experience and an internship at a brewer or brewing-related operation.
- You will acquire the ServSafe Alcohol certification and the Certified
Beer Server certification while participating in the program.
- Upon graduation you will be prepared to take the Certified Cicerone
- Our on-site brewery, Fountain Hill Brewery, provides hands-on experience into the art, science and technology of brewing, with a focus on
- Brewing microbiology.
- Sensory analysis.
- This certificate will give you the competitive edge for entry-level positions in service, brewing or management in brew pubs or craft breweries.
Additional program information
- Age Requirement: The Michigan Liquor Control Commission requires that students be 18 or older to enroll in classes in the Craft Brewing, Packaging, and Service Operations Certificate.
- Transportation required: Some of your courses may require class field trips/travel to internship sites. You will be responsible for your own transportation and any cost associated with travel to the field trip sites and/or internship sites.
Check out what we're up to on Facebook.
Want to learn more about this area of study?
Questions about this program?
Department email: email@example.com
Department phone: (616) 234-3690