Be prepared to step into any culinary venue, including the increasingly popular role of personal or private chef.
Your Associate Degree in Culinary Arts is a ticket to an exciting career and great gateway to continuing degree opportunities. Each of our students experience hands-on training and real life experiences.
Why Culinary Arts at GRCC?
- Flexible, hands-on courses focused on giving you skills to compete in a global market.
- Intensive training led by real-world experts in baking and pastry arts, catering and banquet organization, classical and American regional cookery, dining room service and restaurant operations.
- All Secchia Institute for Culinary Arts degrees allow you to transfer credits toward a bachelor's degree at Ferris State University.
- You'll have the opportunity to be a part of Culinary Competition courses, Cuisine and Culture Study Away Program and Cake Decorating to name a few.
- Graduates are prepared to accept jobs as cooks and chefs in excellent restaurants, hotels, motels, resorts, and for-profit as well as non-profit institutions.
Additional program information
- Perkins Data Culinary Arts
- Program Outcome Data: Culinary Arts A.A.A.S. (151)
- Transportation required: Some courses may require class field trips and/or travel to internship sites. Students are responsible for their transportation and any associated travel costs.
Want to learn more about this area of study?
Questions about this program?
Department email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department phone: (616) 234-3690