A Culinary Arts Certificate will qualify you to work as a prep cook and a line cook in fine restaurants, hotels, resorts, and in institutional food preparation and service.
The Culinary Arts Certificate, like the industry itself, demands dedication and hard work. The focus is to provide you with practical training in all aspects of commercial food preparation and presentation.
Why Culinary at GRCC?
- This program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation Educational Foundation as an exemplary program.
- Hands-on laboratory courses in dining room service, baking, classical and American regional cookery and restaurant operations.
- You'll operate two open-to-the public restaurants as your labs!: The Heritage, a fine dining restaurant, and Art and Bev's, a counter-service dining experience.
- Industry-experts leading courses in classical and American regional cookery, baking, hospitality management, nutrition, food purchasing, sanitation and more.
- Upon graduation, you'll be prepared to enter the workforce.
The certificate program requires approximately 30 hours of class time per week. The courses you take in this program can be applied to the Culinary Arts Associate Degree.
Please note: Courses in the Culinary Arts certificate program may require class field trips and or travel to internship sites. Students are responsible for their own transportation and any cost associated with travel to the field trip sites and/or internship sites.
Want to learn more about this area of study?
Questions about this program?
Department email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department phone: (616) 234-3690