Welcome to the School of Workforce Development at GRCC! You may be wondering what “workforce development” means and how we can help you or your company. Below are short explanations of the types of training and degrees we have to further develop both students and employees. You can learn more about the specific training/courses we offer through our program offerings webpage.
Types of Training and Degrees
- Short Term Training: We offer customized training to fit your company’s specific needs.
- 18 Week Job Training: Are you looking to enter into a new career but need training quickly? Again, we can help with our non-credit offerings, check out our Job Training options.
- One Year Certificates: How about a credit certificate, to be completed in less than one year. We have those as well.
- Associate Degrees leading to work: Maybe you are looking for an associate degree that leads into a career. We have over 70 degrees to help you attain your goals.
- Transfer Degrees: We also have several four-year institutions who accept workforce development associate degrees/certificates. You can be well on your way to getting your bachelor’s degree after completing your schooling at GRCC.
If all of this seems confusing, just ask us for more details, we’d be happy to help you find the perfect fit for your specific career needs. We have several industry partners that actively engage with us for internships, field trips, apprenticeships, and so much more.
I invite you to explore all our offerings and see how we can prepare you for career. Please come by and visit us - talk to our faculty and/or other GRCC students and see what the GRCC experience can do for you! We’d be happy to show you our incredible state-of-the-art labs that help prepare you for a rewarding career. Contact us to help arrange for tours of programs that are of interest to you. Whether you are on our main campus, one of our M-TEC’s or our Devos campus, you will be impressed with the real-world equipment and labs we have to train you to be your best!
I look forward to seeing you at GRCC and in our School of Workforce Development.
Amy Mansfield, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Workforce Development
The School of Workforce Development will be an exemplary school that will provide the core skills students need to be successful in employment and transfer. Please view GRCC's entire mission, vision, values and ends statements.