We are an accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music and offer the Associate of Music Degree with emphasis in Music Education, Music Performance and Recording Technology. For students interested in transferring to a senior institution we also offer the Associate of Music Degree with MTA. This option allows students to complete all of the general education requirements for the Associate in Arts degree as well as the course work for the Associate of Music.
We're here to help!
The purpose of this site is to guide you through the process of selecting the correct courses for your major emphasis in music as well as answering the most common questions that music majors have when starting college.
The mission of the Music Department is to:
- Provide an excellent music education.
- Encourage and nurture creativity and appreciation in all areas of musicianship.
- Enhance lives through quality musical experience.
- Further the evolution and development of the arts, through faculty member contributions to their discipline.
- Associate of Music Required Courses
- Associate of Music- WMU Transfer Required Courses
- Associate of Music in Recording Technology Required Courses
- Digital Audio Specialist Certificate Required Courses