Express advising is here!
Create your class schedule!
Whether you're a brand new or returning student, we have handy guides to help you choose your classes:
- How do I choose my first semester classes?
- How do I choose classes after my first semester?
- Advising by Academic Department
Meet 1:1 with an advisor
We're here to provide academic guidance the following ways: virtual (via video or phone) and in-person appointments.
All admitted students who have declared a major at GRCC are assigned an Academic Advisor. You can find the name of your advisor in your Navigate (student) tile in your online center. If you do not see an advisor there please submit an appointment request and we will assign an advisor to you while making your appointment. If you need to request an advisor change, please submit the Request an Advisor Change form.
Before scheduling an advising appointment
- Are you registered with a student service, such as Disability Support Services, Occupational Support or TRIO? Visit their website to schedule an advising appointment.
- If you're not admitted to the college yet or are returning and have questions, meet with an admissions specialist. Please note they are not an academic advisor.
- Are your placement scores up-to-date? We're only able to meet with students who have up-to-date placement test scores, have completed 12+ college credits and have a 2.0+ GPA, or who have already completed EN 101.
How to schedule an advising appointment
Appointments can only be made 14 days in advance through scheduling software called Navigate. We are not open on holidays and weekends, please keep this in mind while searching for an appointment.
- If you have the "advise" category and an assigned advisor in Navigate and don't see any available appointments, there are none available. You will need to login frequently to look for open appointments, please do not submit an appointment request.
- If you do not have the "advise" category and/or an assigned advisor in Navigate, you are unable to schedule an appointment yourself. Please submit an appointment request with as much availability as possible and we will do our best to find a match.
- Login to your MyGRCC account to schedule an appointment.
- Select "Schedule Appointment" and follow the prompts. You will be able to choose to meet with an advisor via Zoom, telephone or in person.
- Check your student email account for appointment confirmation and additional instructions. If you need assistance accessing your student email account, contact IT Customer Support.
If this is your first time using our new scheduling software, you will be prompted to answer three brief questions before scheduling your appointment.
Watch a brief video on how to schedule an appointment. You can also text your name and student ID to (616) 404-0044 or call us at (616) 234-3900 (We do not make appointments over the phone or by text, they must be made using Navigate.)